Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vintage Dream

Whilst we were browsing a vintage store earlier in the week, the shop keeper gave us fliers for a vintage fair in an old station about a 20 minute bus ride from our apartments. I was just a tad excited. The fair was open 4 days from 12 noon until 12 midnight. After dinner on Friday, six of us headed off. It was spectacular.

100_0470
You know your in for a good time when theres a VW gelato van

I have never seen so many good quality vintage designer brands in my life. Especially coming from Australia where a harsh climate and farming attitude can mean real vintage can be few and far between. I think it has something to do with the pride Italian's take in good quality, that they would have saved for nice things and kept them in immaculate condition. 

100_0471

100_0473

100_0474

100_0475

100_0480

100_0482

Amongst the 70s Yves St Laurent suits and Chanel necklaces were some affordable pieces. I snagged two dresses and a bangle.

note: I only took my point and shoot as I wanted my hands free for rummaging, excuse the lesser quality photos


Alice xx

4 comments:

  1. Vintage dream is right! I would have voiced to shop that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of the VW gelato shop! thats awesome! Also what a find for thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What amazing stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purses...I'm a sucker for purses!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated and make me smile.