Monday, July 30, 2012

And Miss Carter Wore Pink

With the vast majority of op shops charging ridiculous prices for very average wares, it's always a relief to find some genuine gems at your local. Reece and I slipped into our local St Vincent de Paul store today where I snagged a Bettino Liano top for $5 and four gorgeous books for $1 each.

IMG_2836

The books were the real score to me. I've found myself desperately hoarding tangible books in the face of the digitalisation of literature. No kindle for this girl. 

Photobucket

Alongside sweet copies of The Secret Garden and What Katie did I found these adorable picture books from the 70s. The collection of Australian poetry is a great example of Australian children's books and illustration. The pictures have a great balance of cheekiness and whimsy and the choice of poems paint a beautiful picture of Australia. The Edwardian book captures me in every way. The title is amazing, the illustrations are gorgeous and the writing isn't watered down for children.

IMG_2853

IMG_2854

IMG_2854

IMG_2855

IMG_2841

IMG_2846

IMG_2845

IMG_2847

Alice xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated and make me smile.